At American Fidelity, we understand the impact the recent events have had on you, our valued customers. We want to express our deepest sympathies and sincerely hope you and your families are safe.
Our dedicated Customer Care Representatives are available to assist you in your time of need. To learn more you may call us at 800-662-1113.
Below are helpful Q&A's to better assist those affected.
- What is covered by my policy?
Please refer to your Certificate of Insurance or Policy. The Schedule of Benefits page gives highlights and policy benefit maximums. The complete policy provides descriptions and specifications for each policy benefit. If you are unable to locate your Certificate of Insurance or Policy, you may access your most up-to-date version by using your secured Online Service Center account. After you log in or setup your account, select the "My Insurance" tab. On each line of coverage, you will find the option to "Request Policy Documentation". You can then view, print or request a copy of your most up-to-date policy.
If you prefer a hard copy of your policy, complete the Request For Duplicate Policy form and send it to the mailing address or fax number located on the form.
- How do I get a claim form?
You may download claim forms here. You must first select a product type and then select your industry and state of residence to insure you receive the proper claim form.
- How do I submit a claim?
To ensure timely processing of your claim for a Diagnostic Test or a Mammogram Benefit, we must receive a completed claim form and provider documentation of the test or mammogram.
The documentation could be an itemized bill or the pathologist, radiologist, or physician's results of the test. The results must include the patient's name, date of test, type of test, and the provider's name, address, and phone number.
To file a claim for services relating to a positive diagnosis of cancer, we must receive:
- The pathologist's report, first confirming the positive diagnosis of cancer
- A completed claim form
- Itemized bills
- The diagnosis for each itemized bill
Accident Only Insurance:
In order to ensure timely processing of your claim, please submit a completed claim form and any office notes or medical records.
Disability Income Insurance
In order to ensure a timely assessment of your claim, please submit a completed claim form, which must be completed in full and signed by you, your employer and the attending physician. Please note that failure to have all three sections completed and signed by the appropriate parties will result in a delay in processing your claim.
Hospital GAP PLAN Insurance
To ensure timely processing of your claim, submit a completed claim form and the following necessary documentation:
- Itemized bills from the provider
- Explanation of Benefits (EOBs) correlating with the itemized bills
- The diagnosis for each itemized bill
In order to ensure timely processing of your claim, please submit a completed claim form, a certified copy of the insured's death certificate and Letters of Administration or Letters Testamentary, if the claim is being filed by an Executor or Administrator.
Please note: If you are a life division policyholder, you may find claim forms here. Simply select your state and choose the industry labeled "Other.”
- Can I view my account online?
Through your Online Service Center account you will be able to file your insurance, FSA, and HRA claims, review your current insurance policies, flex spending account activity, view annuity balances, sign up for direct deposit, and more.
- How do I change my address?
If you have established an Online Service Center account you can update your address by clicking on the "Account" tab top of the Online Service Center home page. You will then select the address change icon or tab. If you have not established an online account, you can download and complete the Change Address Form.
- How do I request a duplicate policy?
There are several options.
- If you have established an online account you can access your certificates by clicking the Account Summary on the Online Service Center Home page when you login. Under the Policy Information heading, you can click on the icon and either view or print your policy document. The specified policy coverage must be active in order to view or print the document.
- You can mail a request to: American Fidelity Assurance Company PO Box 25523 Oklahoma City, OK 73125-0253
- You can call Customer Service at 800-654-8489 from 8:00 am to 4:45 pm CST.
- Or, you can contact Customer Service.
- Can I pay my insurance premiums online?
We do not accept online payments at this time; however, you may enroll in Electronic Funds Transfer (EFT) at americanfidelity.com/mycoverage to begin bank draft for future premium payments. You can also mail your payment to: American Fidelity Assurance Company PO Box 25523 Oklahoma City, OK, 73125-0523
- Can I make a payment over the phone?
Yes, we do accept Visa or Mastercard payments over the phone. You can also mail your payment to: American Fidelity Assurance Company PO Box 25523 Oklahoma City, OK, 73125-0523
- How do I replace my Health FSA Card?
If you need to replace your Health FSA Card, we are happy to help. Also, customers affected by the South Carolina storms will not be charged for replacement cards.
- If you work in the education industry, please call 800-325-0654.
- If you work in the auto, municipal, healthcare, or other industry, please call 800-437-1011.
- How do I sign up for Direct Deposit for my Flex reimbursements?
Two ways to sign up for direct deposit:
- Sign up immediately through your secured Online Service Center account. If you do not have an account - sign up today with express setup.
- Download and complete a direct deposit request form and fax to the appropriate number located on the form.
- Can I receive my Health Savings Account (HSA) reimbursements as a bank transfer?
Yes, visit our website for detailed information.
- Can I view my Health Savings Account (HSA) information online?
Yes, visit www.afhsa.com to access your secured online account.
- How do I file a claim for the Hospital Intensive Care Unit Rider benefit I have under my Cancer Policy?
To file a claim for a Diagnostic Test Benefit or a Mammogram Benefit, we must receive:
- a completed claim form,
- provider documentation of the Diagnostic Test or Mammogram.
- the pathologist's report first confirming the positive diagnosis of cancer, also
- a completed claim form,
- itemized bills, and
- the diagnosis for each itemized bill.
- How can I access Section 403(b) and/or 457(b) Loan forms?
Contact Annuity Services at 405-523-2027 or 800-662-1106 for the required forms. We can fax or mail these forms to you. You also have the option of coming into our office to complete the required forms.
These forms can be returned to our office through email at email@example.com, faxed to 405-523-5978 or 800-651-1751, or mailed to our office at: American Fidelity Assurance Company, P.O. Box 25520, Oklahoma City, OK 73125. After the transaction has been approved and processed, these funds can be deposited directly to your bank account, mailed to you, or you can come to our office to pick up the check.
- How can I access my After-Tax Annuity or IRA funds?
Contact Annuity Services at 405-523-2027 or 800-662-1106 for the required forms. We can fax or mail these forms directly to you. You also have the option of coming into our office to complete the required forms. Additionally, you can write us a letter with instructions on the amount you want to withdraw, any tax withholding instructions, and have your signature notarized. This letter can be sent to us either by emailing this form to firstname.lastname@example.org, faxed to 405-523-5978 or 800-651-1751, or mailed to our office at: American Fidelity Assurance Company, P.O. Box 25520, Oklahoma City, OK 73125.
After the transaction has been processed, these funds can be deposited directly to your bank account, mailed to you, or you can come to our office and pick up the check.